Monday, August 1, 2011

OUR BIRDS' WATERING HOLE

We bought this concrete bird bath early this spring. Because we have had many rainless days, our feathered friends are loving this "watering hole" especially since the little creek on our place has dried up. We have seen three Blue Jays all together splashing water everywhere. This morning I saw a turtle dove just standing still a long time and enjoying having cool feet. The white gadget is a "water wiggler" from Birds-I-View. We had heard that birds are attracted to moving water.




5 comments:

Dianna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dianna said...

I'll try again. Typo in previous post. It's so nice that you remembered your feathered friends. Interesting the they prefer moving water.

GerryART said...

Are you and Hubby going to the birds?

hugs

Cheryl @ TFD said...

That's a nice looking 'watering hole. I know the poor birds are suffering in this heat, too, and are really glad to find a place to get a drink. We have a pond nearby, but I'd like to get a bird bath sometime. I love to watch the birds!

Betty said...

I am sure the birds appreciate you providing a pool for them.