Monday, June 11, 2012

The "Lacy" Scarf

Tonight I mentioned to DH that I hadn't blogged for quite some time.  He had seen me knitting on a "lacy" scarf and suggested I post it.  I finished mine a couple of months ago.  When I wore it, two church friends begged me to make one for each of them.  I bought yarn and started one; that is when I remembered what a "witch" it was to knit.  I completed the second scarf using the entire skein which made it quite a bit longer than mine.  I plan to give it to my DIL.  Because I made mine short, I am using the leftover yarn to make a third scarf with fewer stitches for my 8-year-old granddaughter.  She and her Mommy are ballet dancers and enjoy dressing alike when they perform at the local assisted living facility.

3 comments:

Dianna said...

So, this is your yarn from hell 8^)

The scarf looks great even though you didn't enjoy making it.

Betty said...

You wear your lovely scarf well. I too have made one and they are not hard but very time consuming.

Paula B. said...

You have a big heart. The scarf is very pretty.