Tuesday, March 1, 2011

THE SHAWL IS FINISHED


I am excited to show the finished project. It has been quite an experience making this shawl, as I have only done small projects in recent years. The longest rows took ten minutes to knit across. I think a circular needle with bamboo points may have worked better for me because I found these Addis to be quite slippery for this suede yarn. Needless to say, I am proud of how nice it looks, and I know my sister-in-law will like it.

6 comments:

Betty said...

The shawl is lovely. I think the model is what makes it look so nice.

twodraftmom said...

It's beautiful . Hope to see it I person Thursday . Claire

Dianna said...

Stunning!!! You did a magnificient job. Your SIL owes you big time. JoAnn's carries 40 inch circular bamboo needles now. Not that you will ever make one of these again but never say never.

GerryART said...

Anna Marie, this luxurious garment exudes your style - truly says "Anna Marie"

You have a wonderful talent, gal.

Hugs,
Gerry

Paula B. said...

that is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Debra said...

The shawl looks GREAT !! You did agood job ! !